“Discovering the Stories about the Constitution and the Basic Law” Micro-Film Contest for Macao Higher Education Students
Rules and Regulations
||Provide an opportunity for higher education students to express their creativity, learn about the Constitution of the People’s Republic of China and the Basic Law of the Macao Special Administrative Region from multiple angles, and have a correct understanding of the relationship between the two laws and Macao. Through this chance, higher education students can further learn about the significance of the successful practice of the “One Country, Two Systems” policy in Macao and can have a deeper love for the country and Macao.
Education and Youth Development Bureau
Macao Basic Law Youth Ambassador Promotion Association
- Higher education students studying in Macao or Macao higher education students studying outside Macao.
- A student can participate individually or in a team (2 to 5 persons in a team; at least one of those should be a Macao ID card holder. Students of different higher education institutions can form a team to participate;
- Each participant can only participate in one form, either as an individual or as a team (hereinafter referred to as "participating unit");Each participating unit can only submit one piece of work.
|5. Entry requirements and arrangement:
- National security is the responsibility of all residents»
- Implementing the overall national security concept is the basic motivation for revising the Macau National Security Law. The overall national security concept reflects the spirit of "national security for everyone, and everyone for national security". National security is one of the public interests of the society and an indispensable part of the normal operation of every society. Under the guidance of the overall national security concept, the Macau National Security Law will achieve important legislative achievements.
- Upholding national security is a legal obligation of Macao residents»
- Article 23 of the Macao Basic Law stipulates that the Macao SAR shall enact laws, on its own, to prohibit acts endangering national security. Upholding of national security is a constitutional responsibility that the Macao SAR must undertake and Macao residents as Chinese citizens must fulfill. Currently, the Macao SAR is collecting opinions and suggestions from the society on further improving the legal system of safeguarding national security. Macao residents must also earnestly abide by relevant laws and actively fulfill their legal obligations to ensure national security.
- Patriots governing Macao is beneficial to Macao's social stability and economic development»
- Patriots governing Macao is the righteousness and inevitable requirement of practicing the "One Country, Two Systems" policy. Only by guaranteeing the principle of patriots governing Macao can the practice of "One Country, Two Systems" policy in the Macao SAR be on the right track. It is also conducive to maintaining Macao’s social stability and economic development.
- Give full play to the advantages of "One Country, Two Systems" to deepen the construction of the Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin»
- The Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin has been established for more than a year, and all aspects of work are showing a good momentum. The advantages of practicing "One Country, Two Systems" in Macao provide the condition to better develop in the Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin, making contributions to integrating into the overall national development and maintaining Macao's long-term prosperity and stability.
- Rule by laws: The Constitution and the Basic Law will maintain Macao's long-term prosperity and stability»
- The Constitution is the fundamental law of the country and the legal basis for safeguarding national and ethnic unity, promoting economic development, social progress and long-term stability. The Basic Law is formulated in accordance with the Constitution and mainly stipulates the system of the SAR. It has constitutional legal status in the Special Administrative Region. The Constitution and the Basic Law together constitute the constitutional foundation of the SAR, providing a solid legal guarantee for the implementation of "One Country, Two Systems"
- The Basic Law grows with me: the basic rights and freedom of residents»
- The Basic Law is closely related to everyone's life. Ensuring the basic rights and freedom of residents is an important part of the Basic Law, including the right to equality, property rights, personal freedom, political rights, social rights, and the right to legal remedies. By learning the Basic Law, we can get to know and understand the guarantee of the Basic Law for our growth and development.
- Registration: From now to 14 November 2022, each participating unit can login to the Students Blog of the Education and Youth Development Bureau. Complete the registration and the members information forms, pick a theme and upload valid supporting documents.
- Work submission: By 7 December 2022, participating units should upload a brief introduction of the work and the work file to a cloud storage (for example, Dropbox, Google Drive or Baidu Cloud) account created by the participating units. Send the download link and access password to email@example.com on or before the said date. Please state “‘Discovering the Stories about the Constitution and the Basic Law’ Micro-Film Contest for Macao Higher Education Students—Your team name” as the email subject.
|Items to be submitted||Description|
|Brief introduction of the work||An introduction of the micro-film (no more than 200 words) and the work division of the team members in doc or docx format |
|File format||The work must be produced in Chinese or Portuguese language, with Chinese or Portuguese subtitles. Other languages may appear in the video but their proportion may not exceed one-third of the video.|
The work must be between 3 and 6 minutes long (including opening and end credits), in MP4 format, and have a resolution of no less than 1280 x 720 pixels.
|Gold Award||MOP 10,000 cash prize and a certificate|
|Silver Award||MOP 8,000 cash prize and a certificate|
|Bronze Award||MOP 6,000 cash prize and a certificate|
|Creativity Award||MOP 3,000 cash prize and a certificate|
|Best Screenplay Award||MOP 3,000 cash prize and a certificate|
|7. Judging criteria:
The judging panel comprises a maximum of five representatives from the Education and Youth Development Bureau, the co-organizer(s), professionals and scholars of related fields.
(Remarks: If the works do not meet the requirements, the judges have the right not to award any of the above awards.)
|Items of evaluation||Weight|
|Expression of the theme||30%|
|Techniques of expression and production||20%|
|8. Results announcement and award presentation:
December 2022 (To be confirmed). The arrangements for award presentation will be announced in due course.
|9. Other contest rules:
- The works must be original, conceptualized and filmed by the participating units and have never been submitted to other competitions or activities.
- The works may not involve any commercial activities or promotions, and the participating unit should guarantee that the work content does not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party. If any work violates any laws or regulations, the organizer has the right to disqualify the work. The members of the participating unit shall be liable for any responsibilities arising therefrom.
- Once submitted, all works will not be returned. The organizer owns the copyright and the right of use of the works. As it sees fit, the organizer may use part or all of the works for promotion and has the right to copy, publish, exhibit, present, disseminate and upload the works on the Internet for other educational purposes for the public; without the need to inform the participating units in advance.
The organizer owns the right of final interpretation of these regulations and the results of the contest.
|11. Contact details:
(853) 2893 0331/8396 9352
(853) 2832 2340
Registration is closed！